Luxury Milly's Most Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 July 2014

My Rather Impressive Collection Of Football Programmes Has A Rare Viewing


Ha Ha Ha Looks Like Hilton In Goal!


Let me compose myself..... 
I always laugh at people who 'collect' things but I have been a little guilty myself over the years of having minor obsessions with the odd hobby of collecting.

To be fair, my stamps are all locked away and I've given up looking for the ones I once longed for. (that's a joke btw) I do, however, have a rather impressive collection of coins and first day covers that will be passed down, as they were to me.

My only real collectors passion is for my football programmes. I've been storing them for many a year and was lucky enough to be given the odd "special" one each birthday or Christmas. Plus I've been lucky enough to go to quite a few European games and cup finals over the years and it's lovely to open the programme, see the tickets and remember what a great tour we went on.

I have sold a few programmes and bought a few more, plus I've learnt so much about the actual printing, the content, the way in which clubs had to word things and how to look for the ones worth the money. It's big big business at the conventions but to be honest, I can't stand the professional dealers because they just want to rip you off.

When my grandpa died we found lots of really really old programmes from the 1940's and 50's and when I took them to an expert, he couldn't believe what fantastic condition they were in. For this reason they rarely come out now days, except for me to show someone or check a date or check the price of one.

I have taken a few photo's of some of my favourites and I know that I have many gentlemen friends who would be keen to see.....possibly even own one!








I have a big Chelsea Collection




This beauty is worth over £400 now




Lot's Of Manchester!





The other side of the Family?






























No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments in relation to my posts