Luxury Milly's Most Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 April 2013

One Of the Most Famous Maligned Heroines, Marilyn Monroe


“If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.” 
― Marilyn Monroe


I've Been captivated By Her Since I was 7

Marilyn was born Norma Jeane Mortenson on June 1, 1926 

I'm not a geek but did you know that you only need to type "M A R" into Google and Marilyn Monroe comes up? Just thought I'd share that little bit of factual nonsense with you,  although it really does prove exactly how famous she was and still is. 

I'm certainly not obsessed, but her story really interests me because of the twists and turns and accusations of cover up's and conspiracy theories and the fact that like her, I don't like to conform to political correctness or trying to be somebody I'm not like many of the women in this pretentious industry. Marilyn was a normal girl who was mixing in courtly circles and became part of high society because of the men she dated. I would love to have been a fly on the wall at one of the functions she attended so that I could see her  hypnotize the room with her alluring body language and sweet virtuous voice, as I'm certain that's exactly how it was. 




She made women jealous and men lustful and she caught the eye of many famous and influential gentlemen. I think she was very mislead and misguided and perhaps always looking for something in her life that she clearly never found. I'm not even sure if she was ever happy or if she even liked men. There is some proof that she was very sexually attracted to women and there are taped transcripts of Marilyn’s sessions of psychoanalysis with her psychiatrist, Dr Ralph Greenson that confirm she had never experienced an orgasm with a man and I love the fact that she said "Orgasms are in the mind, not the genitals" How True!




I often use Marilyn's Quotes and not just for entertainment value or because they sound ditsy but because a lot of them ring true and it certainly seems to me that she really understood men so, so well. 


“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better 
to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” 
― Marilyn Monroe                                                          (I mean, c'mon, that's so true!)


After making over 15 movies and grossing over $200 million in the box office she sadly died of a drug overdose on 5th August 1962, at only 36 years old.




“I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.” 
― Marilyn MonroeMarilyn


For me, this is where the plot thickens as her mysterious murder still revolves around the story of her alleged ‘threats’ to topple Kennedy Jr and the then The US government was suspected of converting a cold-blooded murder into a suicide. I've read articles, books and seen several TV programmes in relation to the life of Marilyn and I really think she made dangerous enemies without being aware she was dealing with fire and ultimately death. A very interesting point is that Marilyn’s personal diary, in which she was supposedly writing details of her intimacy with Kennedy Jr and his brother has not ever been traced.


“A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

  This is a great Link about Marilyn


Remember that life's too short not to go with your heart!
Milly x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments in relation to my posts